- What is the "Olivet Discourse"?
"Olivet Discourse" is a name given to 4 special chapters in the Bible. It includes Matthew 24th-25th, Mark 13th and Luke 21st chapters. In all of these chapters Jesus speaks about the "End-Times" which will come upon humanity. Jesus gave these messages to the apostles while they were upon the Mount of Olives, hence the name: Olivet Discourse. It is also known as the "Little Apocalypse" because of its close relationship to the book of Revelation.
- What is the Book of Revelation?
The Book of Revelation is the final book of the Bible. In it Jesus also describes the coming events of the "End-Times".
- Why is it important to find harmony between the Olivet Discourse and the Book of Revelation?
As you can see above both parts of the Bible deals with the same subject. Therefore we can get the full picture only if we harmonize each verse with all the other corresponding verses.
Click here for the: Concordance chart of the Olivet Discourse and the Book of Revelation
Click here for the: Collection of Bible verses that harmonize the Olivet Discourse and the Book of Revelation
- This study produced two important results:
- The sequential order of events in the Book of Revelation
It is difficult to establish the sequential order of events in the Book of Revelation because of the many symbols and passages that resemble to each other too much, yet they might describe separate events. But if you use the Olivet Discourse as a guide to the Book of Revelation, then it becomes easy to understand the sequential order of events in the Book of Revelation.
- Many hard to understand passages got explained that were easy to misunderstand before
- When will be the Resurrection and who will participate in it?
- Will there be a Rapture and when?
- How does the 70th week of Daniel relates to the events in the Book of Revelation?
- When will the so called Battle of Gog and Magog will take place that is described in the Book of Ezekiel?
- Is the Battle of Gog and Magog the same event as the Battle of Armageddon?
- Who Are the 144000 of Revelation 7 and 14?
- When will the 2nd coming of Jesus happen?
- Is the Millennial reign of Christ a symbolic or literal event?